Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Portland - Chicago

We weren't exactly blasting through America. I arrived in Chicago 16 hours late. Everybody on the train started getting frustrated since all had places to be. My ride was wonderful, I enjoyed myself and didn't get frustrated since there was nowhere to go. America is huge and very green at the moment.

On the train I practiced my German with a young German woman, and I meditated with a retired Catholic priest. Both gave me an oppertunity to expand my soul and mind.

The situation in middle America is very heavyhearted at the moment. In North Dakota they will have flooding that will go 9 feet over the worst flood they ever had. I don't think that much of Minot, ND will be left behind. It honestly felt like a warzone, with everybody running away with all that they can bring with them. I was on the Amtrak Empire Builder and we were the last train through.

Currently I'm in Chicago in a library, writing emails and looking for Chicago deep dish Pizza.

I miss many people, but much of my heavy heart has left me and I have moved into excitement for the trip. It seems that my adventure evokes jealousy, envy but mostly mudita from others. I'm calm and I'm writing a lot, life is good.

I'm hopefully leaving Chicago tonight for Washington D.C. if not you'll see me on here again.

2 comments:

  1. Chicago deep dish? Checkout Lou Malnati's or Giordanno's. I am so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to UNO's. Was pretty delicious!

    ReplyDelete