Scott came to visit and hike with me for a week. When I saw him I hugged him. He said that I smell, I laughed pretty hard.
Prior to meeting him was the huge hot wave that went over the whole of the east coast. I was in New York when it happened. One day the Heat Index (Temp. + Humidity) reached 116 degrees.
It was so hot that I was constantly sweaty, even when just sitting there. I have never had a tougher time walking than those 3 or 4 days.
While he was here he realized how fast you get to a point where you also start smelling like sweat and lose that fragrance that you usually lather on yourself at home.
During his stay Scott came up with a great idea. When a Thru-Hiker (me) sees a day-hiker I will ask them "Do you want to Average?" If they say "Yes" then I will hug them and rub off all of my smell on them leaving them smelling horribly, and leaving me smelling just a little better, thus averaging our smells.
I tried to send you a package. It got returned. I feel like a bad friend. I will try again.
ReplyDeleteuggghh, that heat wave was terrible. absolutely terrible
ReplyDelete