Yes it has come to that.
About 4 days ago I got to the section of the trail that was easier than what I have started getting used to in the Whites. It was refreshing to be doing 2.5 to 3 miles per hour, I forgot what that felt like.
I was blasting, HARD.
And then I got blasted. I stepped on seemingly flat ground but felt a sharp pain in my ankle and dropped down to the side. I screamed in pain and instantly was afraid about the future of my hike. After being down for a minute in pain I felt my endorphins hit me and I felt bliss. I kept hiking for 4 miles to get into town.
In town I took off my shoe and checked, it was swollen but I decided to keep hiking.
Yesterday I did the exact same thing. My ankle hurt worse this time around so I hitched into town and have been here ever since.
It sucks to be holed up in a hostel not being able to hike. I'm OK, I'd just rather be hiking.
My plan right now is to stay here until Comedy Central arrives tomorrow night. We will drink and be merry. The next morning I will hitch to Katahdin, summit and somehow make my way to Boston. In Boston the first part of my journey ends, and a new part begins.
See you there.
Good ankle.
Cankle
NOOOOO!!!
ReplyDeleteSorry I missed your call, I was on a bike ride trying to not die while going up a 8% incline.
see you soon! i hope that ancle gets better!! Ice it if you can.
oof, that sucks man! Hope it's feeling better now.
ReplyDeleteoh bummer. Update? Hope it is better
ReplyDelete