Saturday, July 16, 2011

Trail Angels and Trail Magic

On the trail you get frustrated, pissed off or just sad. It is said that once all that negativity reaches a boiling point trail magic appears out of nowhere to help you out.

Trail Magic is food or drink that gets left somewhere on the trail or is given to you at a shelter or a trail head. The provider of said trail magic is a Trail Angel.

I haven't really been that frustrated with the trail, but I have been showered with trail magic.

Some examples:
-At a trail head a triple crowner offered to grill me breakfast, I ate 4 eggs, 2 hash brown patties, 1 burger and 2 biscuits. YUM.
-30 pack of PBR at a shelter. Us 5 polished the 30 pack and I made everybody do a shutgun. Was fun hiking afterwards.
-4 gallons of water on a stretch that had very few streams and was very exposed.
-A cooler full of Pepsi cans, you have no idea how delicious cold fizzy Pepsi is in the middle of nowhere completely unexpected.

In addition to this random Trail Magic I have a dedicated group of people that are my Trail Angels. They supply me with food from home while I'm out here. My appreciation for this is staggering and I bow in front of each and every one of you for doing this for me. It has been a blast opening up these boxes of food.

No comments:

Post a Comment